Tuesday, August 23, 2011

simply heroic

i love being the hero... rescuing someone in need... loving someone sacrificially. It is fun for me... i think it is the Jesus in me that makes me that way.

He is our rescuer... and what a great way to show someone Jesus' love than to rescue them.

But very rarely do i get rescued by heros.... i don't really know why. Maybe it is my independent spirit or the untrue philosophy in my mind that thinks "i can do it all" even though i know i can never really do it all (what is that called???? oh yeah... PRIDE). It also could be because i hate inconveniencing someone else even though i know i need the help and it is hard for me to see that i am in over my head at times.

This past two weeks... i have been on the receiving end of the rescuing and it feels amazing.

There is a little part of me feels a little guilty for not doing in all with just Christ and me but most of me thinks it is amazing ...............and i really feel Christ rescuing me through the people willing to sacrificially love me. I feel His love through them.

a superhero is someone who notices someone needs help and then does whatever it takes to help them with joy. Someone who sacrifices them self to help another. Jesus is our example and gives us strength to be a superhero.

Thank you to my mom and Kelly... my superheros this week. Thank you for rescuing me. I needed it so desperately! Thank you for noticing i needed it and loving me like Christ does.

No comments:

Post a Comment