Saturday, August 20, 2011

questions and competition

and so it begins ......the last 3 weeks my 4 year old as been into one of the above every other sentence.

even while i am typing he just asked me..."Where do doggies poop at, mommy?" i have been you-tubing videos to answer most of his questions recently but i think i will pass on this one. i do have a good book on the subject though. Definitely recommended for the younger crowd especially the ones a little fearful of the potty.

Everyone Poops (My Body Science)


Any who .. earlier this week we you tubed the anatomy of the whole human body. In which i actually learned some things as well. That was a result of the first question of. "How does my food break down in my tummy, mommy?" which then led to about 10 other questions.

The amazing part is how much he is remembering. When quizzed last night by one of his aunts he did quite well of explaining the inner parts of our bodies and what they do. I was very impressed.

And if he is not questioning something He is competing.... with everything.....
"i have more eggs on my plate than you do", "i am going to beat you putting on my shoes", "i can go faster", "i am bigger" etc. etc.

Jeriah of course would never know he is missing anything except that his brother is now pointing out every lack... the sibling rivalry is amplifying to a new level. :) Oh yay.....

So today Mawmaw and Pawpaw have the boys on an adventure i am am about to buckle down to put together and understand myself all Elijah's preschool curriculum. I am not sure if we will keep with the home school... i see pros to all types of schooling... but this year since it is incredibly cheaper and He is such a sponge... mommy is going to try her first attempt at home schooling.

Now, as you know, i love teaching the Bible... it is phonics i am a little intimidated by. Pray for me today if you think about... i need creativity, wisdom, and organizational skills. i am excited about the Holy Spirit working through me to teach these little ones.

2 comments:

  1. My mom is a para in the Montvale pre-k. Days before school started, I got to see her work on name tags and letter links (http://letterlinks.highscope.org/Doc/About.aspx). :-) Good luck with the teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, wow. I'm homeschooling (I think you knew that?), and I'm contemplating teaching the twins to read. So, the whole phonics and stuff? It really intimidates me. However, I'm fully convinced this is what the Lord would have me do. So, I just want to encourage you as you do the same for your big guy! :) And, here's a great preschool resource for you that I used, too. www.1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com This wonderful mom and her husband are missionaries in inner city Chicago. I've gleaned so much from her expertise as a former school teacher!

    Lots of love from Iowa!

    ReplyDelete