Monday, May 16, 2011

Thoughts...

For over a year God has been showing me that my thoughts are not like His thoughts...
and as i was reading this morning... what's in the heart is what can pollute a person not necessarily what is on the outside. (Matt.15:1-20)

In the book of Matthew from the Bible Jesus was pointing out, to the "religious people" , that they should not be so concerned about their outward stuff, the stuff other people can see, but more concerned about what is on the inside the stuff only God can see.

The heart is the source.

In my mornings, i have been looking through the words about Jesus and from Jesus in the Bible writing down His thoughts and His heart.... and the actions those thoughts produced in His life.

It has been a powerful evaluation of my heart... seeing His actions and then seeing my daily actions.... reading His thoughts and knowing my thoughts.... i have sadly found over and over again that i am not thinking and loving like He does.

i know He is doing something in me... and i am seeing a gradual change happen from the inside out.... but this is definite a major construction project.

i am so thankful for God's grace and patience in teaching this mislead, prideful, and selfish heart.

I did a little object lesson with the boys + 1 today... to share with them what He has been showing me.


I asked them which one they wanted to drink out of... and why..

of course they chose the one that looked clean on the outside. I talked about what God is teaching me... that i need not to be concerned with what is on the outside but let God help me clean up the inside (my heart and thoughts) and then and only then would the outside really be as it should.

I also throw in something else that He has been teaching me... that was very applicable to my "taddle tell" boys this morning. God is most concerned with your relationship with Him and Your heart.... so you need to do the same - be concerned with your own heart not everyone elses - and let Him be concerned about everyone else.

why is it so much easier to taddle tale on some else to God or point out someone else's stinkn' thinkn' than to focus on my own stinkn' thinkn'..... will i ever grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment