Monday, May 9, 2011

moma tears

On mothers day morning at church they lead us in worship to the below song. I am sure if have heard it before but this time was different.... when they said Africa.... suddenly everything in me feel apart... i could barely stand........then the song went on to say sons and daughters.. and all i could feel was my heart and tears running down my face.

We have been in the adoption process officially for over a year now... and though i know God's timing is right and he has our child chosen for us... our little Ethiopian son or daughter seems so far away.. and i know it may make no since to anyone... but i have a child out there... and i want to hold her/him, touch her/him, even change their stinky diaper... but i can't. And sometimes i can barely take it thinking my child may be out there alone, possibly neglected or needs unable to be met... and their is nothing i can do about it.

if you are a parent you know how hard it would be to know your child was out there without you.... and though i have not met our child yet... all i can do is cry a mother's cry and grieve for the moments my child has to live without what they need..... without me.





4 comments:

  1. It makes SO much sense, Heidi! So glad you were able to share this. Your tears, your prayers, your passion for your child make all the difference in the world. They are going out and changing things in the spirit world and making a way for you to connect with your child. Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart Heidi... When can we get together this week... I'm FB messaging you now! <3 <3 <3 one heart for each of your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing quite like the ache of waiting for your child who is far away. Remembering it brings tears to my eyes. I pray that you will have strength as you wait, and that you'll be holding your precious child in your arms very soon
    With love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi it is so precious to me that you posted this because as we sang the song in choir and I looked down at you with hands upraised praising the Lord, all I could think of was your little girl in Ethiopia!! It was all over your face! From the moment we sang "Africa" all I could think of was her and prayed for you even then that God was soon going to be bringing her to you! I was getting goosebumps just thinking about it and thinking of you praising God here while she was there!! God was looking down on our big earth which is so small to Him, and seeing it all...you in a little corner of VA on the front row of a church and her somewhere perhaps in the plains of another continent in a village. God sees you both and I think it must have made Him very happy to see the love flowing from your heart for your daughter! It certainly touched me deeply! I pray for you and Jonathan that she will soon be in your family, that God would watch over her in every way until she arrives, and that He will bless you for your amazing ministry through this blog, your testimony, the Proceeds to Poverty, your mission trips, and your role of mother, sister, daughter, and friend. You are such an amazing lady to know! Thank you for inspiring me! Karin

    ReplyDelete