Wednesday, March 21, 2012

lung cancer

... my first reaction was what does that mean? all along i have been thinking Hodgkins Lymphoma/treatable and all any one could tell me was that lung cancer was not good... whatever that was suppose to mean...needless to say we didn't get on the plane... and this moment right now i am where i know i want to be.

my sister is 34 years old and has four children from just turned 2 years old to 11 years old. She hasn't smoked a cigarette in her life or done any thing unhealthy... i don't understand why she has this but as i sit with her this morning and saw her joy in spite of it all my heart became content... not in her diagnosis... but in a GOD that is still in control and amazing and always good. Her trust in Him is something i want.

The oncologist this morning said it was aggressive and they will be doing more testing soon to see how they should best treat her.

Please pray with me for a miracle! If you want to be on the "Pray for a Miracle"email list or if you would like to make a meal or send Holly's family of 6 a meal gift card please email me. hgrooms@gpartners.org


10 comments:

  1. Heidi, I had no idea! I will be joining you in asking for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Heidi. I will be joining you, as well, in asking for a miracle.
    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
    Ephesians 3:20-21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am praying for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we will be praying for a miracle for your sister along side of you. Blessed is the man(woman)who perseveres under trial, because when he(she) has stood the test, he(she)will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12 Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi we will be believing with you for a miracle! Praying too! Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, we are praying for her and we asked our church to go to prayer for her. I know God is in control and he will see her through this.

    Mark & Cindy Wheeler

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for healing and comfort Heidi! My heart hurts for you and your family.

    Leah Lively

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous. Praying for a miracle for your sister and her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi,
    I am commiting to pray everyday for a miracle for your sister. I would love to fix a meal for her family. I will text you this afternoon.I also want you to know that I will come to your house & help you with your children while you spend time with your sister. I know that pastor Jonathan will be leaving soon & you may need help. I would love to serve you by helping you in any way.
    By His grace,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete