Tuesday, February 21, 2012

yay for lent

and i am not talking about the stuff in my dryer...

Lent starts on Wednesday... it marks 40 days till Easter and every year we have a family tradition of participating and fasting and/or committing to do something for 40 days. It just helps us get rid or start something that we need in our lives to draw us closer to Christ.

This year i am fasting dairy and most sugars and committing to have at least 30 minutes alone with God daily... if you are a mom of an infant and 2 or more young kids you know how challenging that can be.

Just to take a shower and everyone be happy is hard. And though i can read my bible and nurse at the same time.... i desperately need of that daily time alone with HIM (the lover of my soul) ... that time fills me with Him ... He is like my gasoline........and since little Perpetua's entry.... i am have been running on fumes... not so good for myself, my babies, or my hubby.

I know it is possible it is just something i am going to have to fight for.

so yay for Lent!!! :) and yay for the Spirit of God that helps me do it!!

and what is a post without a pic.... my boys enjoying the snow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment