Friday, April 2, 2010

Jesus’ thinkn’ or not?

About a month ago I wrote a question to God in my journal. “What is the Kingdom? What is Kingdom thinking?” Since asking God the question, every time I open the Bible or listen to a lesson from a friend or a pastor it has all been about “Kingdom Thinking”, basically thinking like God thinks.

What is right in the eyes of man is not always right in the eyes of the Lord. Our mindset from birth is based on ourselves and as we grow up we start to live by a mindset that is not necessarily God’s. When I take time to think of what has been molding the my mind I see many things that are opposite of the way Jesus thinks; there is a “me” mindset, an American mindset, a Religious/Pharisee mindset, a “worldly” mindset… some aspects of these ways of thinking are good but other aspects, as I am discovering, are opposite of Jesus’ thinking. Sometimes even the good mindsets aren’t always God’s mindset.

As I am beginning to teach my children…these mindsets and the pressures to fall into these mindsets are all around me. I so want them to see the world as God/Jesus does, but I know my thinkn’ needs to change for them to get a glimpse of the way He sees the world.

In His three short years of teaching Jesus tried to explain God’s thinking to us, He used so many stories to try to help us understand this way of living and thinking that is opposite of our selfish nature.

I think on this “Good Friday” that my plight for the next 30 days will be to read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and parts of Acts and find Jesus’ mindset…and compare it to my warped mind set. If anyone besides my husband reads this… and is brave enough to join me I would love to compare notes on what God shows you as well.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment