Friday, April 16, 2010

TIME OUT


My almost 3 year old is going through a “I want my way, my time, all the time” phase. While I was strolling my baby down the beach this week hearing my “big boy” fuss at me, along with patience, I asked God to teach me through this naughty boy of mine.

He revealed to me that I was much like this defiant child. I want my way and when I don’t get it I fuss at God or if God doesn't do or say what I think He should I stomp my feet, cry, protest or just go and do my own thing. But just like I know what is best for my little boy and just like I discipline to protect him, God knows what is best for us…. He has the whole picture and we don’t. He disciplines or says “no”, “time out”, or “nap time” to us because He loves us and he is protecting us, teaching us, trying to grow us in wisdom. We are His children and He loves us. So when things aren’t going the way you think they should, step back, and thank God that He is in control and that He knows best.

It helps me if I give my self a “time out” like this week at the beach to stop and see our great Father and trust Him.

And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.” Hebrews 12: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment