Friday, July 29, 2011

madly in love with my husband




There are many reasons why i am madly in love with my husband but i think one of the aspects of him that makes me giddy and head over hills is His passion for God and for showing and sharing God's love with the world.

I remember the first time i noticed him. I was visiting home for a "missions" conference at my church in Virginia and He was on the stage praying. As he prayed for Afghanistan he became overwhelmed with tears.

I remember looking up and thinking who is this guy who has God's compassion for people?? He rocks! I want to pray with Him.

I remember telling my friends, whom thought i would never get married, that if God wanted me to marry that He would have to just show me. I wasn't into the dating thing. They teased that i was looking for a lighting bolt from God and that it didn't work that way. I even remember hearing a few tell me i had to let my exceptions of what would be a great husband to me down that the man that i would want wasn't out there.

But i was content in being single the rest of my life verses settling in a marriage just to be married.

Then this man stepped into my world like a lighting bolt from God we both just knew from one conversation after a week of hanging out that God had us for each other. He said he was reading my newsletters months before and really felt God talking to him about me, even though he really didn't even know me.

It wasn't but 2 short months after that that we were engaged and 4 months after that we were married.

He has more than i could have ever asked God for and things i have needed that i didn't even know i needed.

To all you singles out there God is definitely the best matchmaker...and if I threaten to match make you ... just remind me of that!! :)

Trusting Him with everything produces the best results.

I thank God for this humble and passionate leader, friend and lover HE gave to me. I also thank God that He gave Jonathan supernatural patience to deal with my ridiculous pregnancy mood swings. God please help us all through that... he he!

On May 31st we celebrated our 8th year of marriage. Each year we hold up a sign that with words that describe the greatest thing that God has taught us throughout that year. This year it was "God's love = action". :)


3 comments:

  1. I love you guys!!! Praying for you and your ministry, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & Jonathan are such an encouragement to me & Rob. Praise God!! We love you guys, and this is a great post. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister! God is the BEST matchmaker and lightning bolts do happen! ;-)

    ReplyDelete