Tuesday, March 22, 2011

lent 2011

i don't know how many times i am the one holding myself and others back from the good things God wants for me and others.

For years i have known in my head that i can ask God anything and talk to Him about anything. He knows everything so what i say isn't surprising to Him at all, but He still invites me to ask and talk because He wants me to realize my need for Him and His endless power.

1 John 5:14-15 - Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

John 15:7 - If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you

i know in my head this secret of talking, asking, and listening to my Maker and i have seen too numerous of miracles to count because of these conversations but yet i don't ask enough!?

why don't i pray like i know i should? i have thought before "is it laziness?" but if i knew i was meeting with someone famous or someone with great power would i stay away because of laziness... i have an audience with some much greater and more powerful the ALMIGHTY GOD.

no, i think the main thing that keeps me away... is my pride.... it is sad that i, a fly in comparison to the ALMIGHTY GOD - that can be blown away by a slightest breeze, think that i can survive with out Him in any way.

So this "Lent" (40 days before Easter) I am committing to set aside quality and quantity time to be alone with my maker to converse with Him. That is what He created me to do... i hope this disciplining myself becomes a way of life.

So far i have been a little weak.... 9 out of 14 days... i heard once that it takes 21 days to make a habit and 3 days to break it. So ask God to help me stay on track...

Matthew 7:7-11
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment