Friday, March 25, 2011

my church rocks

.....and i am not talking about the building that i go to several times a week... i am talking about the people God has put in my life for this season. though i met some of these people at that building. :)

it is not that the people of my church are perfect, or we never fail. We make mistakes, sometimes we put up walls, sometimes we say dumb things, sometimes we are selfish, self centered and down right full of sin!

But the beauty of it is that we forgive each other, we give each other ample grace, we grow together. And with His help we spur each other on, we show each other love like Jesus gave us, and we sacrifice time, energy, money, ourselves for each other, we pray for each other. We study God's word together and teach each other what it look like to live out His word.

There were times i wondered why God had me here but i think in those times i was thinking sinfully: selfishly, stupidly... i was not looking at things with God's eyes... when you look with God's eyes you give yourself grace, you give each other grace, you can see the beauty in each and every person, the value of every part.

i thank Jesus for all the amazing people of my church! And i am giddy about spending time with them this saturday night sharing our lives, remembering how amazing He is together, and doing what we all were created to do.... at the RESONATE CONCERT!

Come join us!




I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:2-3

In every place of worship, I want men to pray with holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy. 1 Timothy 2:8

2 comments:

  1. That is precious and so true. I like what you said about "giving each other grace." Thanks Heidi. Your blog "makes me think and smile"

    ReplyDelete