Wednesday, April 11, 2012

mustard seed faith

i was watching the Mary Magdalene Jesus Film movie with some friends this past weekend. The part where Jesus talked about the faith of a mustard seed moving mountains/trees stood out to me.


Luke 17:1-6 Jesus said to his disciples: “Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come.  It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.  So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.   Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.


...i have read that many times before and thought i must have pretty pathetic faith because i can't even move a piece of grass sometimes with my faith... but this time it hit me differently. Jesus was saying that though we have weak, small, or minuscule faith... He is big and He can take our mustard seed size faith and move mountains with it. That HE is the big part of the equation not our faith... we just say we believe and help our unbelief and He does His big thing.

i can't describe the war that is going on with my understanding of scripture, of promises, of faith in my heart right now... i know it is being tested. Pray that i may understand what HE wants from me and walk in it without wavering.

Holly is feel good overall ....considering. More treatments to come next week. Please continue to pray for a miracle! He hears our mustard seed faith prayers!

Also for all of you who are wondering...the India Trip is going forward as we speak.... it is so neat to see all God is doing through and in the team... i am talking with Jonathan daily and thanks to face time i have seen the progress.. for more pictures and info about the trip go to facebook and "like" the Global Partners in Peace and Development page.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts with us Heidi! Please give Holly our love and let her know we are praying. Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, thanks so much for reminding me of this scription. You know four years ago, this August, my sister died on a Thursday, was burried on Saturday and then my lovely daughter, Amy, died the following Tuesday, a bright sunny day in August!!!! I had just seen her the night before and the next morning her boyfriend found her dead in their apartment! Who would have thought that. I still feel that he had something to do with it, but nobody could prove anything. But now, I'm trying to come to an understanding that maybe God intervened and felt like Amy should be with him instead of earth. You see, she had made a profession of faith at the age of 13 & when we reached 19, she started getting with friends who were not very godly & then things just worsened with her and she moved in with her boyfriend (against my wishes) and three months later she was dead. I miss her very, very much, but I know God had a hand in this. Thanks so much & remember I can help out in the evenings & on weekends. Call me or send me an email. I'm praying for you and your family.

      Your friend in Christ, Brenda

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder and update regarding Holly :) I am praying for all of you.

    ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete