Monday, October 1, 2012

Christ like

I was at someones house this week and the news was on. It was one of those channels where they argue a lot. I heard a debater say, "I was a Christian but i am not anymore because as Mahatma Gandhi said I did not see Christ among them."

This had me pondering for a week. I know i look nothing like Christ...and i am sure millions could look at my life and say as this lady or Gandhi did - i think Jesus is wonderful but this person is not like Him.

Gandhi's full quote was "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

The more time i spend reading His words and spending time with Him, the more i realize i don't look or talk or think like Him.  My actions are not like His actions.

At the end of my life, I want someone to have a quote, "I saw Jesus when I saw Heidi." or "I am a follower of Christ and madly in love with my Creator and I saw this Jesus in Heidi."

I know a lot of head things about Jesus...but Lord help me to live Jesus everyday. Help me to be truly the definition of Christian, Christ-like. Help me to shine YOU to the world around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment