Sunday, December 23, 2012

gold, frankincense, and myrrh

i just finished watching some movies about Jesus with my boys and i find myself wondering again like i do every year.... how do you throw a party for Jesus... the King of the Universe...

He is worthy of so much more ....i want to give Him all my attention, all my praise, all my self, all my worship, but even my all doesn't seem like enough. I know that is what He wants but it seems so small for He who is holy creator of the universe.... to give Him something He made.

Then i think of the wise men and how they brought their earthly best... Jesus had no need for their gifts but they brought their best to Him who is worthy.

i feel like the little drummer boy story... all i have is my drum...

feeling overwhelmed by how AWESOME God is to come here to this fallen and dark world to rescue us... a fallen a dark people. He is the light of the world.

i will give my best. Among other things ...Elijah is giving Jesus the below on Christmas morning... it is his best creation so far. He wrapped it and put it under the tree tonight.

giddy about celebrating our worthy KING!!




No comments:

Post a Comment