Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a little pink


In our home there is very little pink... i think i have one shirt, and there are two random bowls. Those with little girls in their homes probably would be shocked.

But today i made my first purchase for our baby girl, a journal. Yeah Pink! For those who don't know the news, we are in the early stages of adopting a precious orphan girl from Ethiopia.

Last night as a lay in bed putting my youngest, Jeriah, to sleep i was overwhelmed with tears thinking about my little girls mom and all she must be feeling having to give her child away. I don't know our little girl's story yet, or her face, or even if she is born, though she is probably growing in the womb right now being knit by my GREAT GOD!

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalm 139:13

Even though i have not met her, i have so much to say to her. I have a journal for each of our children that i write random thoughts, prayers, stories in. So here tonight... my first pink little gift for my baby girl.

The other day reading through Psalms... i found this verse...

God places the lonely in families. Psalm 68:6a and that is my prayer for the estimated 143 million orphans out there tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are very excited for you and will continue to pray for you and this precious little girl that will be joining your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear your heart Heidi, and I am filled with "momma love" for you and all your kids. I am very excited for your journey - God will bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I been?! I've been a bit out of the loop lately . . . so excited to hear your wonderful news! Is there a timeline?

    Love the journal for each child—what a gift!

    ReplyDelete