Sunday, November 25, 2012

overwhelmed

today i left church overwhelmed... overwelmed by my sin... my lack in everything... my effort leads to nothingness....i am limited... i am a failure...but HE is not...

and all day today... running through my head was my minuteness....

and tonight after folding a house full of laundry and listening to the below powerful lesson about the reality of GOD's goodness and mercy.... i am left overwhelmed .. but this time not over my GREAT lack... but of HIS great sacrifice for this great failure (me).

Paul Washer says:  "Where did all of the stars go this afternoon? ......there are still there you just can't see them because of the GREAT LIGHT of the sun..... only against the pitch of darkness can you see them.....You can only see the diamonds of God's grace against the pitch black darkness of our filth. It is then you see the grace of God shining..."

Listen and be overwhelmed with truth....




It is so easy to lose sight of the reality of the TRUTH he speaks of here.... often that clip from that Matrix movie comes in my mind (yes.... i know...lame to compare matters of truth with an action movie... but it is the closest thing i can think of right now to describe what God has been revealing to me) ...





It is like i am still living in a lie - most people seem satisfied to live in this lie - ....wrapped up in so many things - ..... even though i say i believe the truth the reality of WHO Jesus is and what He did in my life.... i really don't or i would be living differently.... right??!?!

..... Yes.... i do believe...  and I know it is not a pill i need to take.... but it is HIS SPIRIT revealing truth to my heart even now.

THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT! HELP ME TO WALK OUT what i say i believe... He me to be your follower... wherever... all of the time....


AND thank YOU for unmerited GRACE....THANK YOU....those words seem so meaningless... they don't hold where my heart is in this very moment.... overwhelmed by YOUR love, GOD.


No comments:

Post a Comment