Thursday, January 27, 2011

You are with me


The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23

Today a remarkable friend went to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. She was 54 years young. Jesus was her reason for living. Kathy was a woman with joy despite the trials, with hope when all others had lost it, her cup was always full and overflowing even when it looked empty to others. Why? Because the joy of the Lord was her strength. February 20th, 2009 she was told she had lumps in her breast on a routine checkup. Within a week she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She went through surgeries, chemo, and radiation and all signs showed she was clear. This past fall they detected cancerous cells and then discovered tumors on her liver and lungs. Through medical trials her lungs became clear...but the cancer in the liver grew too quickly.

Last night as i was praying over her weak and failing body and reading God's word to her... i kept seeing her laughing at the days to come. At the time i didn't know if that would be because of God's healing for her here or her healing as she entered heaven.

Many people loved this woman. She has been one of my prayer warriors since i was around 16 years old. Constantly praying and encouraging me spuring me on in my relationship with God. Always there for me. She will be greatly missed by many. But i know she is laughing now with the lover of her soul.

Please pray for her husband, Jimmy, whom she loved sacrificially and graciously, that he would fall madly in love with the God that was the source of her joy and that God would be his comforter.

We will miss you, Kathleen Rickman!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Heidi that you lost such a wonderful woman in your lives... wow.. seems like a heavy week for your community.

    ReplyDelete